Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cherry Blossom Nail Art

I found this really cute cherry blossom nail art idea on Polyvore.com, so I thought that I would share it with you! Start with painting your nails in a solid mint green color. Once your nails are dry, take a brown nail art pen and draw wavy lines on your nails to look like tree branches. Then take a darker/medium pink colored polish and use a dotting tool (or a toothpick) to add medium sized dots to the branches. Once the darker/medium pink dots are dry, take a lighter pink polish and dab smaller dots (using the tool), on top of and overlapping the darker dots. Wait until it's dry, and then apply a top coat to protect your nails.

Here are some variations on this style-
1.) Before you apply the top coat, add tiny dots with the nail art pen to the middle of the "blossoms" to add some definition.
2.) Try using the lighter pink color first, then using the darker color.

I hope you like this idea! If you did this nail art, take a picture and send it to me! I would love to see how it turned out for you.:)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment