Monday, June 9, 2014

Treasure Island- COMPLETE!!!

Hi all!
Do you remember how in this post here, how I was talking about my finishing Treasure Island no matter how long it took? Well, I finished it! I'm so glad, because I told myself that I wouldn't buy a new book until I had finished it. So now, I'm free!
 
I'm a bit of a committed reader. If I choose a difficult book for me to read, and I say that I'm going to read it, that is what I do. And usually, I will reward myself by buying a new book. It's the cycle of a bookaholic. However, I'm proud to call my self as such!
 
As for Treasure Island, it wasn't all that bad actually. It didn't have any storms on the high seas, so that was nice! I get bored with all of the details of storms. The story moved along at a good pace, the characters were believable, and the dialect throughout the story was very authentic. If you like pirate stories, then you should definitely read this book. As I mentioned before in my previous post about this book, I'm not one who loves stories about the sea and pirates, but even I could enjoy this book in part.
 
Have ever read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson? What did you think of it?
 
~Kendra :)


No comments:

Post a Comment