Sunday, July 24, 2016

3 Tips to Add Some Pizazz to Your Braided Hairstyles

Hey, everybody!
 
 
I took this picture of my braided hair a while ago, but today it inspired me to share three quick tips with you about how to add some extra pizazz to your braided hairstyles.
 
1.) "Pancaking"-- This is a technique where you pull apart the braid just a bit to add some extra volume. You start off with your hair braided normally, and then you pull at both sides of the braid to kind of poof it out. If you're confused by my description, I can make a video and show you how to do it. Just leave a request below! (and in case you're wondering why this technique is called "pancaking," I have no idea. Maybe because your hair is as flat as a pancake beforehand?)
 
2.) Add an accessory! -- You can add a little unique flair to your 'do by adding a hair clip, a headband, or even a hat. I chose to use a sparkly star clip at the base of my braid in the picture below (look at my reflection in the mirror). It's kind of an unexpected placement since most people tend to wear their clips on the side of their heads.
 
3.) Frame your face -- Pull out a couple stands of hair around your face to add some framing. This also gives your braid a softer, lived-in look. A braid without any wisps of hair around your face can look severe and boring, so I definitely recommend giving this a try!
 
And that's it! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and that you gleaned a few new ideas to use the next time you braid your hair. So tell me, do you like wearing braids in your hair?
 
~ Kendra :)

No comments:

Post a Comment