Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bookcase Design

Hi everyone!
 
How has your week been so far? Mine has definitely been busy! I've been getting up in the morning super early to get ready to leave to take my brother to work. But it has caused my week to be more productive, so that's a plus!
 
This week, I gave the top shelf of my bookcase a makeover, and I am really enjoying the results! My bookcase is something that I am always looking at (I'm a bit of a bookworm), so I figured that I could make it look better than it did originally. I wish I had taken a "before" picture...
 
 
Before, it had all of the books propped up vertically, all crammed in, begging for more space. I put the books that I didn't want in there anymore in my parent's bookcase, played with the directions that the books went on my shelf, added some accessories, and BAM! So much better! If you want to create a similar look, I would encourage you to do so. I absolutely love the way my bookcase turned out. Some of my tchotchkes finally found a home on this shelf, and I couldn't be happier!
 
If you decide to try this out for yourself, send me a picture! I would love to see it.
 
Thanks for reading!
~Kendra

2 comments: