Friday, May 30, 2014

Hunny Bunny- Weekend Challenge

Hi everyone!
Today I want to share with you a few photos that I have taken of my dog Hunny. If you are wondering why I spell her name like that instead of the proper way, then read on!
 
When I was little, we used to drive by this place called Hunny's Cafe, and I had a habit of trying to impress my mom by telling her that I could spell out words. One day, I told my mom that I could spell honey, and she waited for me to spell it. As we drove by Hunny's Cafe, I looked out the window and told her that honey was spelled "H-U-N-N-Y." It's been a running joke in my family ever since.
 
I wasn't even supposed to get Hunny. My sister wanted a puppy, so we went out looking for a black standard poodle. We found Emma a dog, but also unexpectedly found me one too! I like to think that Hunny chose me, because when the breeders put her in my lab, she put her little paws on my chest and sniffed my face, inspecting me. I felt like we immediately connected. I had thought that if I got this dog, I would name her Hunny, spelled just like that.
 
Hunny has been a part of my family for three years now. I got her when she was just a puppy, so she is three years old. As the years have gone on, I have gotten accustomed to her personality and the way that we work together. She's a bit stubborn, not very clingy (unless we have special circumstances), and kind of a pain to groom. But even with her imperfections, I love her- a lot. I call her by many nicknames, but one of my favorites is Hunny Bunny, because she used to hop around like a bunny! She's one of my best friends, and I think that she is a great dog, even though she can be less than obedient at times. 
 
As mentioned before in this post here, Hunny's favorite color is pink. So this picture is very much "her."
 
 
I think that she has the prettiest eyes, and the most adorable face, so these photos are going to feature some of her cutest facial expressions.



 
That's me in the last photo. Just taking a moment to close my eyes with my dog in my arms, that's all. ;)
 
Because it is Friday, it is time to issue a new weekend challenge! Your weekend challenge is to dress up in honor of your pet. It can be any pet that you have- a horse, a turtle, a lizard, or even a goldfish! Just find something to wear that is inspired by your pet. And if you don't have a pet, then wear something inspired by your favorite animal, or an animal that you wish was your pet. Send me a photo of you and your pet looking alike to uniquelyyou4ever@gmail.com
 
I hope to be receiving your photos soon!
~Kendra :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's a hard one! Do we have to wear the outfit out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't have to wear your outfit out.:) You don't have to put on a tail and ears or anything, but you can dress in similar colors to your pet. Or you could wear something that has a picture of your kind of animal on it. It's all up to you!
      - Kendra :)

      Delete